McKinney Disc Golf Association
Monthly Board Meeting Minutes
June 10th 2013 – 6:30
McKinney Firehouse #7, McKinney, Tx.
• Meeting was called to order by Trey Gunn at 6:32 P.M.
◦ Board members present : Trey Gunn, Steve Harris, Craig Stone, and Seth Harwood
◦ Members in attendance: T.K. Mike Hiller, Sarah Hiller, DeWayne Furr, and Barry Thompson
• Trey Gunn motioned to accept the May minutes. Steve Harris gave his second. May minutes
were accepted for the records.
Treasury Report – Steve Harris
• As of 6-10-2013 the MDGA has $1,728.72 in the bank
◦ New income included:
▪ $160 from 8 new memberships
▪ $36 from the May Bag Tag Challenge
▪ $28 from merchandise sold
◦ We have $130 cash on hand
◦ Deposited $150 on 6-04-2013
◦ SLD paid $50 to the MDGA from the May Wednesday mini's
• Current Ace pots
◦ Sunday - $522
◦ Bag Tag - $261
• Expected expenses
◦ $50 to PDGA for Alex Clark Memorial registration
Tournaments and Course Conditions
• DeWayne has a voicemail to Tim with the City of McKinney regarding organizing a cleanup
day with club members.
• Incoming Tournaments
◦ Hyzer Bomb – T.L. August 31st
◦ 4 The Chains – T.L. / A.C. Sept. 21st
◦ SLD – T.L. October 5th
◦ DFDUBZ – T.L. July 27th
. • Upcoming Tournaments
◦ CTP / Bag Tag June 18th
◦ CTP / Bag Tag July 20th
◦ Alex Clark Memorial – August 24th
◦ MDGA Gold Course – Oct/Nov C Tier Event.
◦ Ace Race – SLD at Alex Clark
Membership Report – James Santti
• 8 new memberships in May
• Will start displaying banner and having a sign-up table at Wed., Friday., and Sunday minis
Social Media Report – Seth Harwood
• 463 Current likes
• Starting a comment and membership drive via disc give-a-ways through Facebook and MDGA
• PayPal link is now running on MDGA website (DeWayne Furr)
• 500+ currently reached each week.
• Website and Facebook will advertise CTP sign up on the MDGA Website.
• Website will have a link to pdf download of MDGA Board Meeting notes.
• Website and Facebook will post charity bowling event positions needed.
• June CTP Challenge set up will take place during the Friday Doubles mini.
• We are currently waiting on the OK from the City to start our own clean-up initiative.
• The MDGA will purchase the lumber necessary for the bench building – building should be
complete by the end of the month.
• Pay Pal link on website is now up and running.
MDGA Member Presentations
• None scheduled – no presentationsNew Business – Craig Stone
• Craig Stone opened discussion for all new business.
◦ Ace pot caps
▪ Wed. mini cap voted and accepted at $500.
▪ Sunday mini cap voted and accepted at $800 with $200 guaranteed.
◦ Moving of baskets at Towne Lake.
▪ July 1st meeting will have voting for which pins will be moved during the 2nd week.
◦ Work Day
▪ A firm date will be set once we have approval from Tim and the City.
◦ New Board position
▪ Nominations include:
• Jeff Watkins
• Mike Hiller
▪ Email will be sent to all current members regarding the nominations and voting. New
board position will be finalized at the July Board Meeting.
◦ Hyzer Bomb outstanding payment – DeWayne will contact the city and inquire about
payment being received.
• Next meeting time announced for July 1st – McKinney Fire Station #7 – 6:30 P.M.
• Motion to adjourn meeting motioned by Trey Gunn. Craig Stone gave the second.
• June 10th meeting adjourned at 7:23 P.M.